Business entities need to have not just a website today, they also need to ensure that the site is aesthetically designed and functionally optimized to be able to stand apart from the tough competition in the crowded virtual market. Since the website is the first medium of meaningful engagement with a probable customer, it needs to be done well and with an unsurpassable superiority.
Websites have always been important but in the 21st century, their essence has become even more significant and notable. A quick glance at the latest statics confirms the same.
- In just about 0.05 seconds, users to a site form an opinion about a website.
- 57% of users say that a website that is not mobile-friendly will never be recommended by them to their friends and family.
- The majority of people feel that it is not sufficient that a brand’s website is good on a laptop or desktop. It needs to be equally impressive on their mobile for the site to be effective.
- 38% of people feel that if the content of a site or the layout is not attractive enough, they will not engage with the site further
The above statistics, in a nutshell, indicate and re-affirm something that marketers have always known – that websites deliver but they need to be meaningfully impressive and remarkable to catch user attention and engage them.
2019 has been no different in the gamut of website designing and the future seems to get even more demanding.
Here’s a list of things that marketers need to keep a watch on:
- Mobile responsive website designing is only going to grow stronger. And marketers can not only afford to ignore this fact they also need to incorporate the same in their site design. There are plenty of tools that are helping make sites mobile-friendly and marketers need to choose the right one for their brand.
- The use of multimedia, especially videos need to go a step further to become a medium of micro-interactions. From simple subtle icons to including innovative designs there need to be simple and minimalistic design elements to enhance the scope of interactions with the users.
- Integrating design and data so that not only does the user to the site have an amazing experience but also be a source of meaningful data that can be leveraged and analyzed to make the experience more customized like never before. Marketers need to value user sentiments – the customer is not looking at generic content, he is wanting the brand to display content that is specific to him and pertaining to his interest area. Hence, it is essential to ensure that the site is transmitting information that is user-specific and personalized.
- Powering websites with bots and artificial intelligence as well as the animation is the way to make the site much more effectual and successful. And this trend will continue in the future too. In the end, the more interesting the site and the user interface is, the better effect it will have on the user. Everything is about the presence of specialized content and presented it in the best possible manner.
- VR or Virtual Reality and Augmented Reality (AR) are two facts that site developers need to focus and sharpen their skills. These are areas that are progressing fast and marketers and brands need to meet up to the expectations of modern times.
Rahul Sharma is working at A2z Webinfotech – Best Web Design Company in Dubai, having more than 6.5 years of experience in Project management with a proven track record. He is professionally competent in handling technically challenging projects from conception to completion, entailing client interaction, campaign planning and implementation, and team training and management with excellent leadership